Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Make me small again

You love me without strings and without expectations yet I can't see you. I feel your presence when I gaze upon the morning light with all of its hope, but I was never loved with purity! I take in for my own this gift that you have given with only tears in my eyes and with a sense of belonging yet I have never belonged before. I do not understand you because I have argued for reasons of your existence and by doing so made myself doubt. I have meditated in temples foreign to my self and yet found you next to me in silence and meditation. I have called to you by names I've used before without answer, but when I give name to my desperation you overwhelm me. I gaze upon ideas considered by my past to be heresy yet with curiosity and your mystery within face the eyes of those long past they stare back at me with aknowledgement. Above all as I fell fighting for your name with a different face and mortality you questioned my world and it dissolved before my eyes. You've left a clue for me and I see it time to time the drop of reality placed within the sunrise and sunset is enough to keep me awake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I love this poem. What a great prayer.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

This has to be one of the greatest posts I've read. This is fantastic.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home