Monday, May 29, 2006

CandleLight


This I hold in my hands, the precious light of my soul
Do you wish take it and blind me with your darkness
I pray for my light to carry on into the starlight
And remove myself from the darkness of this world

I do not belong here the everlasting light declares this true,
My capabilities are endless but I fear for the worst of me to
Come into the light for it lurks in the darkness of the
Deepest chasms waiting to be unleashed.

Come to me my love and heal this soul,
Relight my fire with your love,
The cold is changed when you are at my side
I wish to take you into the starlight

Let me show you my self inside out
So that the evil existing in my darkness
Can be exposed in this cleansing light
Live with me in this endless starlight

Jeffrey Cook

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

I love this!

Seriously some great analogies. You have a beautiful way with words!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I agree with Christa on this. I was moved by the analogy of light and dark. The picture is great too.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home